Click on a goal area to view objectives and video.
NASSP Strategic Plan
Promote NASSP student programs to enhance student leadership and create positive school climate.
1. Promote the value of NASSP student programs.
2. Identify and address the changing needs of activity advisers in schools.
3. Expand the role of the NASSP Student Programs in the international community.
4. Meet the needs of student members in NASSP Student Programs.
Strengthen school leadership practices through the design and delivery of high quality professional learning experiences.
1. Increase participation in professional development programs and services through external partnerships.
2. Deliver engaging, contextually relevant professional learning experiences through a variety of media platforms.
3. Provide research on current topics and trends in education.
4. Create a community of learners utilizing the talents, expertise, and experiences of school leaders.
Connect school leaders to exchange knowledge with NASSP and with one another.
1. Optimize online presence to allow school leaders to acquire and share action-oriented knowledge.
2. Diversify content and delivery to optimize use of digital media and increase interactivity.
3. Define a distinctive NASSP brand that school leaders identify and value.
Advocate on behalf of all school leaders to ensure the success of each student.
1. Elevate the voice and influence of school leaders in policy and public discourse.
2. Enhance the Federal Grassroots Network to ensure active representation of Network members in all 435 congressional districts.
3. Expand NASSP's influence on state-level policies affecting school leaders.
4. Engage student leaders in advocacy to broaden NASSP's impact on federal policy.
Monitor and enhance organizational vitality.
1. Assess and strengthen external stakeholder relationships to optimize organizational viability.
2. Assess and strengthen internal structures to fulfill the NASSP vision and mission.
3. Benchmark governance to reflect best practices.
Ensure a unique member experience with NASSP and student programs.
1. Conduct comprehensive research to determine our value for NASSP and each Student Program.
2. Evaluate the relationship with state affiliates.
3. Evaluate and restructure benefits/pricing to appeal to target audience.
4. Engage members/chapters/councils.