NASSP Leadership Skills Assessment
The NASSP Leadership Skills Assessment is an affordable Web-based tool that you can complete at your own pace. This assessment diagnoses your capacity to practice in the context of your work setting and encourages the development of skills that contribute to success in leading elementary, middle level, and high schools:
Setting instructional direction
Resolving Complex Problems
Developing Self and Others
Understanding own strengths and weaknesses
The NASSP Leadership Skills Assessment is a five-step assessment:
- Explore the skills dimensions. You will examine your interest in developing specific skills proven to be essential to effective school leadership. During this process you will learn about 10 crucial skill dimensions and specific behavioral indicators that contribute to building skill in each dimension.
- 360º assessment. You will assess your own practice of these same skills and invite up to 15 colleagues to assess your practice so that you may compare how others perceive your performance with your own perceptions.
- In-basket activity. Your responses to a variety of issues facing school leaders during the in-basket activity will be used to assess your performance in the skill dimensions. You may assess your own performance and have the opportunity to request that two colleagues assess your performance as demonstrated in your in-basket responses.
- Reports. When you complete the activities described above, you may view and print a report for each. When you have completed all of the assessment activities, you may view and print a summary report which pulls together data from all three of these sources. This report ranks the skills listed above in terms of your developmental interests and level of skill demonstrated.
- Development plan. After reviewing the data in your summary report, you will decide which skills you want to develop first and which types of professional development strategies work best for you. Based on these decisions, the final report will provide you with specific developmental strategies and a Development Guide for building an individualized professional development plan.
You can purchase the Leadership Skills Assessment by clicking here.
If you have already purchased the NASSP Leadership Skills Assessment , you can log in here.
For information on special rates and supplementary materials for use with groups, contact Pete Reed at firstname.lastname@example.org.