Each year, NASSP honors outstanding principals who have succeeded in providing high-quality learning opportunities for students as well as demonstrated exemplary contributions to their schools and their communities. As part of the celebrations during National Principals Month, the National Principal of the Year award is given to an individual honoree for their hard work and contributions. We intend to maintain that tradition this year by hosting the first-ever Principal of the Year Virtual Awards Ceremony.
Show your support for your peers as we gather to celebrate the accomplishments and exemplary work by the 2020 State Principals of the Year and our chosen finalists—and present the award for the 2021 National Principal of the Year!
- JoAnn Bartoletti, chief executive officer, NASSP
- Robert Motley, president, NASSP Board of Directors
- Adam Clemons, principal, Piedmont High School, Piedmont, AL
- Richard Gordon, principal, Paul Robeson High School for Human Services, Philadelphia, PA
- Michelle Kefford, principal, Charles W. Flanagan High School, Pembroke Pines, FL