Why Should I Join NASSP?
Please feel free to use this summary of national membership benefits to encourage your state association members to join NASSP.
Principals need and deserve comprehensive support to advance their career and lead their schools to success.
The National Association of Secondary School Principals (NASSP) provides robust professional development and resources to principals, assistant principals, and school leaders from across the United States and 35 countries around the world.
NASSP members are part of a powerful network of school leaders who are committed to the success of each and every student. The support that NASSP provides its members is unparalleled and includes:
- Professional development resources such as on-site seminars, convenient online webinars, and customizable programs brought right to members’ schools
- Communications and public relations for your school via the Principal’s PR Portal, an online toolkit that helps you publicize your school
- Nationwide advocacy efforts—giving every school leader a voice in the halls of Congress, the U.S. Department of Education, the White House, and the national news media
- Networking opportunities at events such as the annual National Principals Conference where school leaders connect, exchange experiences, and share successful solutions
- A wealth of information and research on emergent education issues via several print and digital publications publications, including the members-only award-winning Principal Leadership magazine, NASSP’s School of Thought blog, and the daily e-newsletter Principal’s Update.
- Personal and professional protection services such as life insurance and legal liability coverage
You can learn more about NASSP and become a member by visiting www.nassp.org.