News and information about COVID-19 changes daily. As your professional organization, NASSP wants to ensure that our members are informed and prepared.
The CDC has issued interim guidance for U.S. schools to plan, prepare, and respond to coronavirus. If you haven’t already, we strongly encourage you to read through this guidance, and proactively and frequently communicate plans with your administration, teachers, parents, and students. We also recommend that you provide information and communications in several languages so all members of your school community can stay informed.
With tension on the rise, we also encourage you to correct any misinformation that is being shared so that students are not facing discrimination and xenophobia. Included below are several resources from the CDC that can be shared to inform your school community and correct any misinformation that is being spread.
We will continue to monitor the situation and will share updates and additional resources as they become available.
- CDC: Interim Guidance for Administrators of U.S. Childcare Programs and K–12 Schools to Plan, Prepare, and Respond to Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19) (Spanish)
- CDC Coronavirus Disease Resource Center (Spanish)
- CDC: Stigma Related to COVID-19
CDC Print Resources
- Fact Sheet: What You Need to Know (Spanish)
- Fact Sheet: What to Do if You Are Sick (Spanish)
- Poster: Stop the Spread of Germs (Spanish)
- Poster: Symptoms of Coronavirus Disease 2019 (Spanish)
CDC Video Resources
- What Is Coronavirus Disease 2019?
- What’s My Risk?
- How Do I Protect Myself?
- COVID-19 Stop the Spread of Germs
Resources for School Leaders
NASSP Leading Through Crisis Town Hall Series
- Leading Through Crisis: Supporting Students and Families
- Leading Through Crisis: Communicating in Crisis
- Leading Through Crisis: Leading Remote Learning
- Leading Through Crisis: Sustaining School Life
- Leading Through Crisis: Planning for Transition
NASSP School of Thought Blog Posts
- How Twitter Can Serve as a COVID-19 School Resource
- My Letter to Families: ‘We Will Get Through This’
- A Principal’s COVID-19 Diary: Perspective
- The School Leader as Connector in Chief During #COVID19
Discovery Education Resources
Future Ready Schools Resources
Collaborative Peer-to-Peer Resources
Use these resources as you navigate the challenges of school leadership during the coronavirus pandemic, and add your own information to the document to help support your community. This user-generated compilation belongs to you, our NASSP supporters, and is not curated by NASSP.