Resources to Help You Advocate
Take your advocacy efforts to the next level
As a school leader, you advocate on behalf of your students and staff every day with the decisions you make. We need you to share your expertise and on-the-ground experiences with policymakers so they are better informed when making decisions on education policy. If advocacy is especially important to you, one way for you get more involved is to join the NASSP Federal Grassroots Network!
NASSP's Federal Grassroots Network brings together individuals who want to build close relationships with their members of Congress to inform them about how policies they create in Washington impact education in their districts and states. Members of the FGN can tap into the following resources:
- A community of advocates who commit to regularly meeting with their federal representatives to discuss state and federal policies that will benefit schools and students nationwide
- A monthly FGN email newsletter highlighting recent changes in federal education policy
- Weekly advocacy update blog posts on the School of Thought blog with the latest news and resources regarding federal education policy
- The opportunity to attend the annual NASSP Advocacy Conference, a unique event that brings like-minded education professionals together to share ideas and discuss the top education policy issues of the day
- Resources to become more effective advocates at all levels of government, including a basic guide on advocating on behalf of schools and principals
There has never been a more crucial time for you to voice your insight on effective school leadership and education policy. Join NASSP's Federal Grassroots Network today:
NASSP members can sign up using the email preference center.