Thank you for your interest in joining the NASSP team. Open job positions are listed below.
- Full time staff works a 37.5 hour workweek.
- Payday is every other Friday and covers the two workweeks ending the previous Sunday.
- All staff members receive their pay by direct deposit.
- VACATION: Full time employees receive 4 hours of vacation per pay period (year’s 1-3), 6 hours per pay period (year’s 4-7), and 7.5 hours per pay period 8+ years. Ceiling hours staff member may carry is 240 hours.
- PLT: Full time employees receive 4 hours of paid leave time per pay period (years 1-2), 6 hours of leave per pay period 3+ years to be used for personal illness, family illness and personal business. Ceiling hours staff member may carry is 1040 hours.
- BEREAVEMENT LEAVE: Maximum of five days in the event of death of a spouse, a child, a parent, or a sibling; up to three days in the event of the death of a grandparent, a grandchild, a father-in-law, a mother-in-law, a son-in-law, or a daughter-in-law; and one day in the event of the death of a distant relative.
- New Year’s Day
- Martin Luther King’s Birthday
- Presidents’ Day
- Memorial Day
- Independence Day (observed July 3)
- Labor Day
- Columbus Day
- Veterans’ Day
- Friday after Thanksgiving
- Winter Holiday (Administrative leave, not charged against vacation or sick leave)
Health Insurance: All full-time staff members and their eligible dependents are eligible for health and medical insurance. NASSP offers a choice of (4) medical coverage options through UnitedHealthcare. UHC ChoicePlus 250 and UHC ChoicePlus 500, as well as, UHC ChoicePlus $1,500 and $5,000. Monthly insurance premiums for full-time employees are paid at 100% by NASSP, dependents may be covered for an additional premium cost. Health insurance is effective on the first day of employment.
Dental Insurance: NASSP offers United Healthcare Dental insurance. All regular full-time employees are covered free. Dependents that are not covered under another dental plan are eligible for coverage for a small premium. The maximum benefit per patient is $1,500 per plan year (01/1-12/31). Benefits are paid as follows: Preventive at 100%, Restorative, Endodontics, oral surgery, and other miscellaneous services at 80%, fixed prosthodontics (Crowns, Bridges) and removable Prosthodontics (Dentures, Partials) are covered at 50% when In-Network providers are used. Dental coverage is effective on the first day of employment.
Vision Insurance: Employees are covered under Vision Service Plan (VSP). You must use In-Network providers; a co-pay does apply.
Long Term Disability: Disability insurance is provided at no cost to full-time staff members. A staff member after 180 calendar days of disability and designated as totally disabled will receive a monthly benefit in the amount of 60 percent of monthly earnings with a maximum disability benefit of $10,000 per month. Long Term Disability Insurance is effective on the first day of employment.
Short-Term Disability: Up to 60% of covered weekly earnings with a maximum short-term disability benefit of $2,308 per week. Coverage begins 15th day of disability with a maximum period of 6 continuous months or end of disability, whichever comes first.
Life Insurance: A staff member receives 1 ½ times his or her salary, with a minimum coverage of $50,000 from Minnesota Life and 1 x his or her salary with Insperity up to a maximum coverage of $50,000. Life insurance is provided at no cost to full-time staff members. Life insurance from Insperity is available to staff members the on first day of employment. Life Insurance provided by Minnesota Life is available on the first day of the month following employment. Additional life insurance may be purchased by the employee at a small premium cost.
Personal Accident Insurance: A staff member receives 1 x his or her salary, ($50,000 maximum). Personal Accident Insurance is provided at no cost to full-time staff members.
FSA Account: Employees are eligible to participate in an FSA plan in order to pre-tax their deductible and out of pocket expenses on their health, dental and vision insurance. Maximum yearly FSA contribution is $2,500.00.
Tax Sheltered Annuity Plans: Tax sheltered annuity plans are available through the VALIC, and MetLife Insurance Companies and through Fidelity Investments. Under these plans, staff members elect an amount to be deposited prior to salary taxation which, in many cases, reduces the amount of taxes paid. The funds are then invested with the company selected by the staff member, and may be used to augment retirement income. Employees are eligible to participate in the plan after 6 months, and eligible to receive a matching contribution at that time. NASSP will match 50% of the first 6% you contribute of your salary (this results in a maximum NASSP contribution of 3% of your salary).
Retirement Plan: All employees are eligible to participate in the Profit Sharing Plan after one year of service. The amount of annual contribution to the Profit Sharing Plan is entirely discretionary with NASSP. The amount of contribution is approved by the Board of Directors and distributed to all eligible employees based 2/3 on length of service and 1/3 compensation. Employees are eligible to participate in the plan after one year of service or 1,000 worked hours as of 6/30. Participants will vest in their account balances under the retirement plan at the rate of 20% per year over a 5-year period.
Health Club Reimbursement: NASSP will reimburse employee for his or her health club dues at 75% of the monthly cost, not to exceed $25.00 per month. Employees who are participating in the Health Club reimbursement are not eligible for the Legal Services.
Legal Services: NASSP offers legal services through Legal Resources at no cost to employee. Employee can choose to receive reimbursement for a health club or legal services.
Educational Assistance Program: Eligible employees may be reimbursed for qualifying education expenses as follows:
- Up to a maximum of $1,500 per calendar year for approved undergraduate or graduate college courses taken as part of an employee’s degree program at an accredited institution.
- Up to a maximum of $500 per calendar year for approved continuing educational expenses (including courses taken at an accredited trade or vocational school, business school or through a professional association).
- Total combined reimbursement of $1,500 per calendar year for all educational assistance received under this program.
Adoption Assistance: Available to NASSP employees who complete at least 180 days of continuous service after obtaining a benefits-eligible status. The continuous-service requirement must be satisfied prior to the date of the final adoption decree(s). Program reimburses up to $1,500 per qualified adoption. Qualifying expenses must be incurred through private adoption or licensed adoption agencies.
Dress Code: Business casual every day.