Thank you for your interest in joining the NASSP team. Open job positions are listed below.
Program Manager, Student Experience
The National Association of Secondary School Principals (NASSP) seeks an individual who will ensure that students participating in NASSP programs have a high-quality experience that is aligned with the mission and values of the organization. This staff member will manage, execute, and continually assess student events with the National Honor Societies and National Student Council programs as well as other initiatives including the NASSP’s Student Leadership Advisory Committee, a national body of student and school leaders. As a member of the Student Programs team, this staff member will participate in supporting and contributing to all student-centered programs and services, including assisting in writing and editing of content, contributing to program policies and outreach efforts, and helping set and carry out department goals.
- Bachelor’s degree; Master’s preferred with relevant education, training, and experience.
- Must be extremely detail-oriented, have excellent organizational and multitasking skills, have a passion for events, and a dedication for creating a high-quality participant experience; Familiarity with event planning and/or student conferences highly desired.
- Must have a passion for student and school leaders in all school settings, public, private, charter, and virtual;
- Must be willing to work independently in a fast-paced environment;
- Must be available and willing to work a full day on the day before and day of each major event, which includes some weekends; week-of preparations may include evening work hours and light physical labor; this position requires 35% travel;
- Outgoing personality-applicant should be flexible, hospitable, gracious, assertive, motivated, independent, creative, resourceful, and have an ability to solve problems calmly and quickly;
- Strong listening and comprehension skills-applicant must be able to listen to instructions carefully and correctly follow directions;
- Strong communication skills-applicants should write clearly, be able to follow written directions, and be able to speak effectively in front of large groups.
Excellent benefits package. Salary range low to mid 60’s. Office location is one block from the Silver Line. Send cover letter, resume, and salary history to NASSP/HR, 1904 Association Drive, Reston, VA, email firstname.lastname@example.org
Equal Opportunity Employer
Customer Care Representative
National Association of Secondary School Principals seeks a Customer Care Representative who will cooperatively process all orders, inquiries, and challenges reported by stakeholders via phone, email, and web, including but not limited to merchandise sales, memberships, subscriptions, conference registrations, and professional development opportunities. Whenever necessary, a Customer Care Representative records and reports customer feedback to team members and the Directors of Sales and Membership to help adapt and modify offerings and further optimize performance of Customer Care staff to meet and exceed customer expectations. Customer Care Representatives leverage their exceptional communication, interpersonal, and data entry skills to provide superior customer service to stakeholders, foster a positive team climate, and ensure the accuracy and integrity of the organizations transactional data.
- Provide exceptional customer service in a courteous, efficient and timely manner for all stakeholders while also promoting products, services, and association benefits that align with their problems, needs, and outcomes.
- Perform order processing duties for all stakeholders, across all transaction types and payment methods in accordance with established accounting parameters.
- Exercises sound judgment in offering and applying discounts and other promotions within defined constraints.
- Provide stakeholder record management and administration using the software, systems, and tools adopted by the organization.
- Adhere to all customer service and data-entry standards, policies and procedures of the organization; ensure accurate data entry, timely processing and fulfillment of all stakeholder orders, and superior customer service.
- Resolve stakeholder issues and maintain records of interactions by recording details of inquiries, complaints and comments, as well as actions taken.
- Coordinate with Customer Care team members, other department staff, and external resources to satisfy stakeholder requests and challenges.
- Perform submission and validation of operational and batch processes as assigned using the software, systems and tools adopted by the organization.
- Participate in individual or group training as required and take the lead in training new Customer Care Representatives, as requested.
- Actively contribute to a cooperative, collaborative, and positive work environment through regular engagement with team members and the Director of Customer Care.
- Assist managers in coordinating daily priorities, Other related duties, as assigned.
- High school diploma or GED diploma
- Sales and customer service experience
- Computer experience
- Experience in secondary school education a plus
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills to effectively manage requests, inquiries and challenges from stakeholders.
- Exceptional listening, comprehension, recall, and time management skills necessary to efficiently and effectively promote organizational benefits and meet stakeholder needs.
- Problem solving, and critical thinking skills combined with situational awareness and adaptability in the face of challenging circumstances.
- Proficient with office productivity software, emerging hardware technology (mobile), and the social networking space.
- Attention to detail and reliable to execute transactional duties in an accurate and efficient manner.
- Works effectively and cooperatively with others; establishing and maintaining good working relationships.
Excellent benefits package. Salary range low to mid 30’s. Office location is one block from the Silver Line. Send cover letter, resume, and salary history to NASSP/HR, 1904 Association Drive, Reston, VA, email email@example.com
Equal Opportunity Employer