Thank you for your interest in joining the NASSP team. Open job positions are listed below.
Customer Care Representative
National Association of Secondary School Principals seeks a Customer Care Representative who will cooperatively process all orders, inquiries, and challenges reported by stakeholders via phone, email, and web, including but not limited to merchandise sales, memberships, subscriptions, conference registrations, and professional development opportunities. Whenever necessary, a Customer Care Representative records and reports customer feedback to team members and the Directors of Sales and Membership to help adapt and modify offerings and further optimize performance of Customer Care staff to meet and exceed customer expectations. Customer Care Representatives leverage their exceptional communication, interpersonal, and data entry skills to provide superior customer service to stakeholders, foster a positive team climate, and ensure the accuracy and integrity of the organizations transactional data.
- Provide exceptional customer service in a courteous, efficient and timely manner for all stakeholders while also promoting products, services, and association benefits that align with their problems, needs, and outcomes.
- Perform order processing duties for all stakeholders, across all transaction types and payment methods in accordance with established accounting parameters.
- Exercises sound judgment in offering and applying discounts and other promotions within defined constraints.
- Provide stakeholder record management and administration using the software, systems, and tools adopted by the organization.
- Adhere to all customer service and data-entry standards, policies and procedures of the organization; ensure accurate data entry, timely processing and fulfillment of all stakeholder orders, and superior customer service.
- Resolve stakeholder issues and maintain records of interactions by recording details of inquiries, complaints and comments, as well as actions taken.
- Coordinate with Customer Care team members, other department staff, and external resources to satisfy stakeholder requests and challenges.
- Perform submission and validation of operational and batch processes as assigned using the software, systems and tools adopted by the organization.
- Participate in individual or group training as required and take the lead in training new Customer Care Representatives, as requested.
- Actively contribute to a cooperative, collaborative, and positive work environment through regular engagement with team members and the Director of Customer Care.
- Assist managers in coordinating daily priorities, Other related duties, as assigned.
- High school diploma or GED diploma
- Sales and customer service experience
- Computer experience
- Experience in secondary school education a plus
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills to effectively manage requests, inquiries and challenges from stakeholders.
- Exceptional listening, comprehension, recall, and time management skills necessary to efficiently and effectively promote organizational benefits and meet stakeholder needs.
- Problem solving, and critical thinking skills combined with situational awareness and adaptability in the face of challenging circumstances.
- Proficient with office productivity software, emerging hardware technology (mobile), and the social networking space.
- Attention to detail and reliable to execute transactional duties in an accurate and efficient manner.
- Works effectively and cooperatively with others; establishing and maintaining good working relationships.
Excellent benefits package. Salary range low to mid 30’s. Office location is one block from the Silver Line. Send cover letter, resume, and salary history to NASSP/HR, 1904 Association Drive, Reston, VA, email email@example.com
Equal Opportunity Employer
Web Application Developer
National Association of Secondary School Principals seeks Web Applications Developer who will be responsible for designing, editing building, installing and maintain web applications and content. Individual will work with web team and other IS staff members to create, test and maintain web applications.
Individual works with web team to develop web components for internal and external users. Manages web related project implementation. Recognizes the needs of users and creates new applications that answer those needs. Researches technical problems and suggests improvements for web applications. analyzes and integrates new web products/technologies with existing web applications to improve the web design and application functionality. Audits websites and fixes identified issues.
- Collaborates with web team and IS team members to consult with users about their web needs and recommends solutions
- Manages projects involving integration of website and databases or other platforms through single sign on (SSO) or other web services
- Understands emerging web technologies and leverages API integrations for various projects. Performs front-end debugging and troubleshooting
- Manages DNS records and phpMyAdmin as necessary to configure domains and manage databases
- Designs and builds responsive wireframes, builds custom administrative experiences and leverages UX and UI expertise to provide feedback on site designs
- Uses git version control, style guides and staging sites to ensure code consistency and recoverability
- Builds custom WordPress templates and full customized WordPress themes
- Continuously learns new technology, code and platforms as needed to maintain a strong knowledge base in this ever-evolving field
- Pursues a specialization or extra skillset such as: advanced API integrations, advanced UX, digital design, animation, digital marketing support, SEO, etc
- Handles routine helpdesk support and works with other IS team members to resolve user information technology challenges; coordinates with vendors and other external partners to help resolve escalated issues accordingly
- Other duties as assigned
- Minimum of 4 years of professional experience in web design/development (relevant degree may be used in lieu of one year of experience
- Computer science or web development related degree is preferred
- Proficiency in PHP
- Advanced experience with WordPress or other CMS (SharePoint, Drupal, etc
- Proficiency with UX/UI
- Experience working in different hosting control panels, including setting up databases and editing DNS settings
- Understanding of SEO best practice
- Excellent attention to detail and time management skills
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Project management and strong organizational skills
- Strong communication skills: must be able to clearly communicate with users, teammates and management
- Creativity: uses new ways of approaching problems and developing innovative applications
- Collaborative and positive attitude
- Customer/client focus
Excellent benefits package. Salary range mid to upper 80’s. Office location is one block from the Silver Line. Send cover letter, resume, and salary history to NASSP/HR, 1904 Association Drive, Reston, VA, email firstname.lastname@example.org
Equal Opportunity Employer