The application for our spring 2023 NASSP Ambassador cohort is now open—and we want you to apply!
NASSP is looking for school and student leaders like you to share your experiences and ideas to guide core projects as 2023 NASSP Ambassadors. These projects will not only benefit from, but require, the leadership of NASSP members like you.
We invite you to apply below to help with one of the projects. You do NOT need to have prior ambassador experience. If you joined us as an ambassador in 2022, you can apply again.
If selected, you will join a group to work on one of the projects guided by an NASSP staff member. You must commit to actively participating in meetings or surveys from March 2023 to July 2023 (30 hours total). You will be compensated for your time.
Please click on the names below to learn more about each project.
- 10 principals and five assistant principals
- Have you ever been part of a professional learning opportunity that made you think, “I could design something so much better than this?” Now is your chance. Ten principals and five assistant principals will share their experiences, opinions, and candid feedback to guide how NASSP can best serve school leaders across the nation. We’ll meet monthly to gather insight, feedback, and ideas on plans we already have—such as building a robust virtual resource library—and things that don’t even exist yet.
- Sixty-minute monthly online meetings from March through July.
- Amplify the results of the group’s work through social media posts, written pieces such as blog posts and op-eds, articles in NASSP’s Principal Leadership magazine, and interviews.
- Answer follow-up correspondence via email within three business days.
- Willing to do pre-work or post-work for meeting topics, not to exceed 30 minutes each.
- Honorarium payment will be dependent on meeting the requirements above.
- 10 National Honor Society students
- Hey, fam! The National Honor Society’s TikTok is prime for a glow up—but sis, we need YOU. We googled Gen Z slang just to write this. Big Yikes. We’re looking for 10 NHS students to create video content for NHS’s social that hits different. You’ll also help us select products for the NHS online stores, give feedback on marketing ideas (don’t be afraid to tell us, this ain’t it), and guide our efforts toward making our student programs more engaging and inclusive.
- Attend 60-minute monthly online meetings from March through July.
- Create video content for NHS social platforms, following an NASSP-provided schedule.
- Answer follow-up correspondence via email or DM within three business days.
- Amplify the results of the group’s work through social media, and, potentially, written pieces like blog posts.
- 7 principals, 4 assistant principals and 3 aspiring school leaders
- What does it mean to be an NASSP member? Are there benefits of NASSP membership you can’t live without or wish were different? Meet monthly with other Ambassadors to improve your membership experience and that of your peers. Break into smaller teams or complete individual surveys to dive deeper into how NASSP might be a better partner. We want to make sure our school leaders get the support and resources that they’ve dreamed of. You can help!
- Sixty-minute monthly online meetings from March through July
- 15-30 minutes to prep for each meeting and topic
- Completion of up to 6 short online surveys (less than 10 minutes each)
- Amplify the results of the group’s work through social media posts, written pieces such as blog posts and op-eds, and/or interviews, if requested.
- 10 principals, 10 assistant principals, 10 advisers, 10 students
- If you’ve ever written a brutally honest review on Yelp or Google, then you know how good it feels to give your opinion. Now, imagine being able to do that on topics critical to your job and profession—and to people who are ready and willing to listen! This group of 10 principals, 10 assistant principals, 10 advisers, and 10 students will provide feedback via monthly surveys on NASSP’s programs, publications, recognition programs, and so much more.
- Ability to answer up to two online surveys a month from March 2023 through July 2023.
- Ability to answer follow-up correspondence regarding surveys.
- Possibility of one 60-minute online meeting.
The deadline to apply is February 10.