Location: 2212 Rayburn House Office Building
Sponsored by Reps. Susan Brooks (R-IN) and Rick Larsen (D-WA), co-chairs of the Congressional School Safety Caucus. Presenters will discuss how Congress supports the critical coordination between school-based mental health professionals, administrators, and public safety professionals in order to protect our children and those who care for them.
· Michele Gay, Sandy Hook parent and co-founder and executive director of Safe and Sound Schools
· Ed Clarke, chief safety officer with Montgomery County Schools and former director of Maryland
School Safety Center
· Dr. Kelly Vaillancourt Strobach, NCSP, director of Policy and Advocacy at the National Association of School Psychologists
· Dr. Christina Conolly, NCSP, director of Psychological Services with Montgomery County Public Schools
· Paul Kelly, principal of Elk Grove High School in Elk Grove Village, IL, and 2018 Illinois High School Principal of the Year
· Benjamin S. Fernandez, school psychologist working as the coordinator of Prevention Services for Loudoun County Public Schools
Please RSVP by April 9.