The National Association of Secondary School Principals (NASSP) is the leading organization of and voice for principals and other school leaders across the United States. NASSP seeks to transform education through school leadership, recognizing that the fulfillment of each student’s potential relies on great leaders in every school committed to the success of each student. Reflecting its long-standing commitment to student leadership development, NASSP administers the National Honor Society, National Junior Honor Society, National Elementary Honor Society, and National Student Council.
NASSP provides our members with the professional research-based and peer-tested resources, and practical tools and materials they need to serve as visionary school leaders.
Through our award winning publications, professional development opportunities, ready access to relevant research, and persistence in advocating on behalf of school leaders, we help to advance middle level and high school education by:
- Promoting high professional standards
- Focusing attention on school leaders’ challenges
- Providing a “national voice” for school leaders
- Building public confidence in education
- Strengthening the role of the principal as instructional leader
- Publicizing the issues and interests of our members in the news media
NASSP also promotes the intellectual growth, academic achievement, character and leadership development, and physical well-being of youth. NASSP is proud to have founded and to administer the following student leadership programs: