Join the National Initiative Today
As champions of student leadership, NASSP continues to seek ways to amplify student voice and empower young leaders to effect real change in their communities. That’s why we’re proud to partner with No Kid Hungry, a national campaign run by Share Our Strength.
In collaboration with Share Our Strength and the Student Leadership Advisory Committee, NASSP will serve as a platform for our nation’s schools to address the pressing issue of childhood hunger through meaningful opportunities for students and school leaders to engage in advocacy and service.
Follow this space for additional updates about our partnership with No Kid Hungry, resources, and ways you can get involved.
Take the Pledge
Sign up to participate in the National Initiative by filling out the form below, then share your commitment on social media! Click to tweet this sample post below:
As part of the @NASSP National Initiative, I pledge to make @NoKidHungry a reality in my school and community. Join me in helping raise awareness about the issue of childhood hunger in America. #StudentsMakingChange
Childhood Hunger Facts
The above images are sized for Instagram Stories. Please fill in with the data relevant to your county (see below) and tag @NoKidHungry and @NASSP_ in the post.
- Before #COVID19 hit, 1 in 7 kids in the U.S. lived with hunger. Now, 1 in 4 kids are expected to face hunger due to the ongoing pandemic. Join me in the fight to make #NoKidHungry a reality for our communities. Learn more from @NoKidHungry’s new report: https://bit.ly/39aEQZo
- More than 14 million kids aren’t getting enough to eat right now. Join the fight to end childhood hunger in America by participating in the @NASSP’s National Initiative for @NoKidHungry: https://www.nassp.org/national-initiative/
- [X]% of kids live with hunger in [NAME OF YOUR COUNTY]. As part of the National Initiative of @NASSP, I pledge to make @NoKidHungry a reality in my school and community: https://www.nassp.org/national-initiative/
Thank A Hunger Hero
- “Back-to school” may look different this year, but that isn’t stopping [@HANDLE/NAME] at [@SCHOOL/@ORGANIZATION] from making sure students are fed! We’re so grateful to them, and to all the #HungerHeroes, helping students now and always. #ThankAHungerHero
- Let’s all say a huge thank you to the folks over at [@SCHOOL/@ORGANIZATION] for the amazing work they do to get students critical meals while schools are closed. THANK YOU! #ThankAHungerHero
- #COVID19 is bringing a lot of uncertainty into the lives of Americas, especially for hungry students who rely on schools meals. That’s why we’re so grateful to [@HANDLE/NAME] at [@SCHOOL/@ORGANIZATION] for working around the clock to get hungry kids the reliable meals they need! #ThankAHungerHero