Retired membership is $50 and is open to currently active individual and institutional members who are leaving the position and no longer hold a W-2 administrative position within a school system. This option covers the previously earned years of legal coverage for uninterrupted membership. Must transfer to retired category while still an active member to continue legal coverage. Membership must be continuous. This membership is nontransferable. Non-voting member.
- Online Principal Leadership magazine (monthly from September to May, nine issues per year)
- Principal’s Update daily e-newsletter (Monday through Friday)
- Continuation of professional liability coverage for claims resulting from incidents that occurred while holding a continuous active individual or institutional membership
- Group term life insurance through Minnesota Life, an affiliate of Securian Financial Group, Inc., that’s competitively priced, portable, and available to family members
- Member rates on publications and merchandise in the NASSP Store
Stay protected! If you get sued for an incident that occurred in the past, you’ll still be covered—but only if there are no gaps between your active and retired membership. This rewards members who hold continuous membership. A small investment for peace of mind.
Call 800-253-7746 or email us.
Please contact customer service to have status updated and membership history verified to ensure members have full coverage for period of active member status, should an incident occur from the past.