Everyone can get involved during AP Week! Take a look at a few ideas for how parents, teachers, and students can show appreciation for their assistant principals:
- Write a thank-you note for your assistant principal, with specific examples of how they have helped you.
- Create a photo scrapbook for the assistant principal with notes from the school community about why they are valued.
- Plant a tree on the school campus to honor the assistant principal (with administration approval, of course).
- Together with other parents and/or teachers in your school, buy space in the local paper to celebrate the everyday work of assistant principals and highlight some of the great things going on in the school.
- Read testimonies from students, parents, and teachers each week over the intercom or virtual announcements.
- Have the art, music, and theater classes do one small group project to honor your assistant principal.
- Ask local businesses to offer discounts just for assistant principals during AP Week.
- Document the activities your school is doing to celebrate your assistant principal and National Assistant Principals Week, then share the photos and videos on social media.