National Assistant Principals Week, April 1–5, 2024, is a celebration of the unsung heroes in our education system. These dedicated folks work tirelessly to bolster teachers, motivate students, support their principal, create a positive learning community, and face the many unpredictable challenges that land on their desk.
Assistant Principals play a crucial role, and this week is a dedicated time to recognize them for their hard work and commitment to our schools, students, and profession. Please join us in celebrating these incredible school leaders!
SEND AN E-CARD
POST ON SOCIAL
INVOLVE YOUR COMMUNITY
2023 ASSISTANT PRINCIPAL OF THE YEAR
Misa Sato, assistant principal of Reagan High School in Milwaukee, WI was named the 2023 National Assistant Principal of the Year for boosting academic achievement at her school and inspiring and preparing her students to serve as the next generation of educators.
“Assistant principals are leading some of the most critical and innovative programming in schools, and Misa embodies these efforts,” said NASSP CEO Ronn Nozoe. “She has directly tackled the educator shortage by building career-related programming in her school and community that prepares her students to become educators, thus building a pipeline of future teachers. Reagan High is lucky to have her, and we’re grateful to have dedicated leaders like Misa that bring their passion and drive in service of their community.”
Sato was selected from three finalists for our 2023 National Assistant Principal of the Year award. She was announced as the winner during our Trailblazing Leadership Weekend April 22–24, 2023.
ASSISTANT PRINCIPALS IN THEIR OWN WORDS
- I am honored and truly humbled to be named Massachusetts Principal of the Year. As we all know, it is a collective effort to create dynamic learning experiences in schools, and I could not accomplish anything without the incredibly talented […]
- In honor of AP Week, we spoke with Lamark Holley, an assistant principal of Southampton Middle School in Bel Air, MD, about his longtime career in education and the difference he makes in his school community. How did you get […]
- In honor of AP Week, School of Thought asked me to reflect on work that I’m most proud of as a school leader. I have chosen to share about implementing restorative practices, which many of my colleagues are also working […]
- It’s AP Week, a time to celebrate the terrific work of assistant principals across the country. To highlight all that they do, we spoke with three NASSP 2022 State Assistant Principals of the Year: Diane Fox, an assistant principal of […]
- Jessica Rehberg, an assistant principal of Winder-Barrow High School in Winder, GA, is the first to admit that the principalship isn’t the most romantic calling—at least at first. “Whether you’re a child or college kid dreaming of being a teacher, […]