As a school leader, you play a significant supporting role for your APs and their careers. During AP Week—and all year long—we invite you to lead by example and show your gratitude for this essential member of your team. Here are some activity ideas:
- Ask your mayor to declare a National Assistant Principals week or day in your community.
- Submit an article or guest column in your local newspaper about the critical role of assistant principals.
- Contact the public service directors of local radio stations and ask them to air a public service announcement announcing the National Assistant Principals Week.
- Share some of your favorite photos from the year with your Assistant Principal on social media.
- Send a National Assistant Principals Week calendar to the mayor, city council, newspapers, and others in your area who may be interested in what is going on in your school.
We also encourage you to share National Assistant Principals Week with your network. Write an announcement in your newsletter, or use one of these sample announcements below:
Celebrate Assistant Principals Week Next Month
The week of April 6 is National Assistant Principals Week. NASSP, the National Association of Elementary School Principals, and the American Federation of School Administrators have designated this week to specially honor assistant principals and acknowledge their key role in the achievements of schools and students nationwide. As in years past, NASSP is offering activities and services to recognize these school leaders, including e-cards, a Twitter chat, and more. Visit www.nassp.org/apweek for additional activity ideas and more information.
Happy National Assistant Principals Week!
National Assistant Principals Week is now in full swing. Schools, including administrators, teachers, and students, around the country are honoring their assistant principals and recognizing the outstanding work that they do every day. NASSP’s AP Week events and other offerings are currently available and ready for use! AP Week participants are encouraged to schedule special e-card deliveries, show their support on Twitter using #APWeek20, post photos on Instagram, and more, to celebrate assistant principals. Visit www.nassp.org/apweek to find out more about this week’s celebration.